About juice fasting, that is, I’m all for it. In fact, I started juicing today. (Although, I’m easing my way in with a partial juice fast, I’ll explain more later) Over the weekend, I watched 4 documentaries about food on Netflix. Talk about an overload. After the first two, my brain was over flowing with information and I couldn’t figure out how to handle it.
I started with Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Click the link to see the trailer. This a documentary about a man who used a 60-day juice fast to try to help heal his body from an auto-immune disease. My mom has this very same disease, and its out of control. I knew right away that she should try this. But he also lost a lot of weight while doing so.
The next day I started digging for more information. I watched Food, Inc., this was shocking. I had a general idea of the food industry from reading Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. But I don’t think I full gasped the idea. The book definitely changed me some but this movie moved mountains. There were chickens and cows that were so fat, they couldn’t even hold themselves up. There was drawers of full of baby chicks, think like a metal dresser.
All of these are MUST SEE NOW! movies, but they have a lot in common. So I’ve taken away a few points that I’d like to share with you.
1. Raw, whole food, plant-based diets are golden. They are the ticket to living a happy, healthy, long life.
2. If you are going to eat meat and animal products, they need to be cage free, grass-fed, or free-range. These animals that are kept in cement barns with a hundred others just live and stand in their own feces all day are the ones that cause disease. E.Coli on spinach…yep.
3. Take a vitamin. Seriously high doses of vitamins have cured things like cancer. No joke. They can also prevent diseases.
4. Drink a lot of water. Especially right after you wake up in the morning. They recommended 1-2 liters first thing in the morning, to help flush you out.
So what does this mean for me. I’m jumping on the organic, grass-fed, whole, mostly plant-based, super healthy band wagon. I’ve made a plan and I’m sticking to it. I’m also starting a video journal of the whole thing, I don’t know if I will share it with the public. But I will definitely be blogging about this a lot.
Its going to change basically everything. Good, amazing, healthy, revitalizing changes.
- Some Interesting Stuff On Juice Fasting (erinalexandersays.wordpress.com)
- Hungry For Change (enjoyingeachmoment.com)
- Tomorrow’s Breakfast (erinalexandersays.wordpress.com)