Sadly, I’m still feeling a little under the weather, but it comes in spurts. I feel fine then wham smacks me like a sack of flour. It’s only a little bit annoying. And its seriously put a damper on my running plans but whatever.
There is good news! Last week, I was nominated for a Liebster Award!
One of my favorite bloggers, Mariana, from Project Unfluff nominated me for a Liebster Award! I feel so honored, I met Mariana briefly at FitBloggin’ in Portland! She is so sweet and genuine, I love reading her blog!
Luckily the other bloggers that have been nominated have done all the research and learned that “the word Liebster is a German word for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The idea of the reward is to help new bloggers build a community and to connect with other bloggers!”
Once a blogger is nominated, the blogger must complete the following:
1) Acknowledge the nominating blogger
2) Share 11 random facts about yourself
3) Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
4) List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers from what you can tell! They should be bloggers you believe deserve a little recognition and some blogging love!
5) Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominated.
6) Tell the 11 bloggers you nominated (no nominating the blogger who nominated you)!
11 things about me:
- I’m the oldest of 4 kids in my family, I have one sister, and two brothers in that order. Although I also have a half sister that I’ve never met.
- I can’t run without sunglasses.
- I’ve only been on plane once (roundtrip) when I went to Florida in the 8th grade.
- When I was a kid I loved the color orange, now my favorite color is purple.
- I desperately want to stop biting my nails but its so hard! I’ve almost broken the habit several times but it never sticks.
- I wish I lived in a more beautiful city, one with nearby trails, and a path a long the waterfront for biking and running. And trees, a lot more trees.
- My husband has been working on the swing shift since March. Its very lonely in our house around dinner time. I really miss cooking for him.
- I used to hate Raspberries but now I love them, especially the raspberry jam Blake’s Grandma makes.
- I love kids movies. I’ve watched Mulan and Pocahontas several times over the last few months. I can’t wait to watch them with my baby.
- I would do anything to go to a Reba concert!
- I’ve had many many pets. Dogs, cats, fish, a rat, a turtle, a guinea pig… even sheep as a kid for 4-H! Probably some I can’t remember.
Questions from Mariana:
1. If you were a vending machine, what would you sell and why? (Could be anything) I don’t know, I can’t think of anything except chocolate.
2. What is your fondest childhood memory? I’m sure of a specific memory, but playing on the farm was definitely a highlight. We pretty much free reign to go anywhere on our property.
3. What is your favorite book from your childhood? Mr. Popper’s Penguins
4. What is your favorite book now as an adult? Eat, Pray, Love. I know its kind of cheesy but I read that book at a time when I really needed it. It opened my heart and mind to possibilities.
5. What is your favorite unhealthy to healthy recipe (example: skinny mac and cheese)? Tacos and other Mexican cuisine.
6. Do you have a favorite method for losing weight/working out? What is it? Counting calories is the #1 thing that worked for me. As work for workouts, anything that getting the blood pumping and sweat flowing.
7. Star Trek or Star Wars? Star Trek but only the new ones! Thank you, Chris Pine.
8. If you were a vegetable, which one would you be and why? Hmm… Corn everyone loves corn!
9. What is the best vacation you ever went on? Our weekend tip to Seattle was one of the books!
10. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would your first purchase be? A house! and all the stuff for the baby’s nursery!
11. Why do you blog? Writing is an outlet for me.
11 bloggers that I nominate! I really have no idea if these bloggers have 200 followers or less but they are my favorite blogs and inspire me everyday!
Not 11 but it will do. :)
Questions for bloggers nominated:
1. What’s your dream job?
2. How many pairs of workout shoes do you own?
3. How did you meet your best friend?
4. What household chore do you hate the most? Why?
5. What is your favorite kind of cookie?
6. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
7. What’s the last delicious meal you made at home?
8. What’s you favorite reality show?
9. If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. Where’s your favorite place to shop?
11. What’s the last book you read?